Your users depend on you to keep their PCs and devices running smoothly and securely, with access to the tools and applications they need on the devices they use – at any time, from nearly anywhere.
Windows Intune is a unique solution that provides businesses with cloud-based management tools and reports, as well as an upgrade license to the latest version of Windows, helping to keep their Windows-based PCs up-to-date and secure from virtually anywhere. In addition, Windows Intune extends security and management features to a range of mobile devices and provides a cloud-based, self-service portal so that IT can enable users to access the applications and tools they need to stay productive.
With Windows Intune, whether your users are in the office or on the road, you can give them a rich, productive and personalized experience without compromising the essentials – costs, control, security and compliance.
Windows Intune has a user-centric approach that enables the IT Professional to target key management functions at user accounts. These user accounts are maintained in the Windows Azure Active Directory, which is the same online directory service used for other Microsoft Online Services such as Office 365. This means you can synchronize users and groups from your existing online services and manage them with Windows Intune.
Key Benefits Of Intune
- Help protect PCs from malware – Remains the same great standard of PC security
- Manage updates – Centrally manage the deployment of updates to Microsoft and most third-party software, keeping the applications your workers need current.
- Distribute software – Deploy most of your licensed software like Microsoft Office 2010 or third-party applications, to PCs located nearly anywhere via the cloud. Use your existing Active Directory structure to provide users with software personalized to their role, ensuring they have the tools they need to be productive
- Proactive monitoring and alerts – Receive alerts on updates, threats, offline PCs and more so that you can proactively identify and work to resolve problems with your PCs virtually anywhere. NEW -Disable or configure a single or multiple alerts at one time directly from the System Overview page or the Alerts Overview page.
- Provide remote assistance – Help resolve PC issues, regardless of where you or your users are located, with remote assistance
- Inventory hardware and software – Track PC hardware and software assets used in your business to efficiently manage your assets and compliance and help ensure you are optimizing your licensing investments
- Monitor & track licenses – Manage Microsoft Volume License Agreements and other license agreements to track how many licenses you’ve purchased against what you’ve installed
- Increase insight with reporting – Create customizable reports. From hardware to software you understand what your customer has and better recommend new hardware as needed.
- Set security policies – Centrally manage update, firewall, and endpoint protection policies, even on remote machines outside the corporate network. New policy templates added with recommended settings, which make it easy for you to create and deploy policies that implement best practices.
- Active Directory Domain Service (ADDS) Integration – Link your on-site ADDS to the Microsoft Online directory service so that your user accounts and security groups can be synchronized with Windows Intune. This allows you to manage your users and devices using the Windows Intune service.
- Empower users to get the applications they need for the device they are using – Reduce the IT burden for managing non-corporate and user-owned devices by providing an IT-defined selection of applications for download from the Windows Intune self-service portals, targeted to the user profile.
- System Center Configuration Manager Integration – add mobile devices managed with Windows Intune to the System Center console and manage all the devices through one tool
- Administer and Manage Mobile Devices – Employees and contract staff may use a number of devices to access business information they need. By integrating with Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, Windows Intune offers the flexibility to manage many devices brought into the workplace, even if not owned by your organization. Windows Intune allows you to set security policies for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets and enforce PIN set, encryption and enable remote wipe, helping ensure security of your mobile and non-corporate devices.
For organizations with 250 or more users, Agile IT offers the following AgileDesktop Services:
Prior to a full roll-out of Intune, Agile IT will provide a proof of concept, as follows:
- Define deployment strategy of Intune client on PC workstations to domain joined PC’s via Active Directory, where appropriate
- Define installation strategy of Office 2010 client on PC workstations to domain joined PC’s via Intune. This includes Office 2010 32 and 64 bit packages.
- Provide Direct Workstation support for customer defined Pilot Uses of 100 successfully deployed PC’s without error. We suggest including 5 or more pilot desktops per operating system level (including service packs levels deployed). Direct investigation of any deployment errors will be performed with direct assistance from Agile IT.
- Production deployment of the remaining PC’s by Agile IT
- Examine and recommend strategies for existing spam/virus detection programs with Microsoft Endpoint Protection. This may not be automated depending on the current solution in place.
Agile IT will deploy the latest version of Windows Intune throughout your infrastructure and provide the following ongoing services:
- Management Portal orientation tour for your System Administrator
- Demonstration of Intune capabilities:
- Manage updates
- Malware protection
- Proactive monitoring of PCs
- Providing remote assistance
- Hardware and software inventory tracking
- Security policies
- Training for end-users
- Maintain and deploy applications on an ongoing basis
Agile IT offers a number of additional services that compliment AgileDesktop: