Agile IT is proud to announce that we’ve been chosen as an Office 365 Unified Messaging key partner. Unified Messaging lets you act on voicemail and email anyway, anytime, anywhere. Office 365 Unified Messaging offers “voice mail in the cloud”, and more. It can be used by customers with a wide range of PBXs and IP PBXs, and with Microsoft Lync Server 2010.
We’ve successfully deployed Unified Messaging across our entire company using Lync Server 2010 and we’re very excited to bring this enterprise-class, cloud-based communications solution to our clients. If you’re thinking about making the switch, we’d love to help.
Exchange Unified Messaging is a component of Microsoft Exchange Online and offers clients:
Voice mail in your Outlook Inbox:
· Inline playback in Outlook 2007/2010 or Outlook Web App
· Voice Mail Preview (speech to text) in 7 UM languages (US English, Canadian English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Spanish)
Call Answering Rules:
· Customize greetings, menus by caller, time of day or free/busy status
· Allow callers to reach you at 1 or 2 unpublished numbers (e.g. mobile phone)
…and more, including Automated Attendants to help customers navigate your phone system and Message Waiting Indicators.
Here’s what’s needed to use Office 365 UM:
- A service plan (Exchange Online Plan 2 or Office 365 Plan E3) that includes licenses to use UM
- A telephony/voice solution to provide the “dial tone”. This can be :
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 (with Enterprise Voice), or
- An IP PBX that is compatible with UM, or
- A PBX and voice-over-IP (VoIP) gateway that is compatible with UM
- (Only for customers with PBX/IP PBX) A Session Border Controller that is compatible with UM
For more information about Exchange UM or deciding if it’s right for your company, contact us, or check out these links: