These new services for Microsoft Lync Server 2010 support Lync 2010 functionality, such as instant messaging (IM), presence, management of contacts and groups, Call via Work, Single Number Reach, and Single-click Conference Join on mobile and slate devices.
When you deploy the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Mobility Service, users can use supported iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, or Nokia mobile devices to perform such activities as sending and receiving instant messages, viewing contacts, and viewing presence. In addition, mobile devices support some Enterprise Voice features, such as click to join a conference, Call via Work, single number reach, voice mail, and missed calls. By using Call via Work, users can maintain their work identity during a call, which means that the call recipient does not see the caller’s mobile number, and the caller avoids incurring outbound calling charges. With single number reach, a user receives calls on a mobile phone that were dialed to their work number.
When you use the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Autodiscover Service along with the Mobility Service, mobile devices can automatically locate the URLs for Lync Server Web Services and the new Mobility Service regardless of network location. It supports client connections using either HTTP or HTTPS.
- Lync 2010 servers must have November 2011 cumulative updates installed.
- Must install the IIS Role Service Dynamic Content Compression on the Front End server. For 2008R2, sue this command:
Import-Module ServerManager Add-WindowsFeature Web-Server, Web-Dyn-Compression
- You need to create one of the following external DNS records and add a additional SAN name to your external reverse proxy certificate:
Record type Host name Resolves to CNAME lyncdiscover.<sipdomain> External Web Services FQDN for your Director pool, if you have one, or for your Front End pool if you do not have a Director A (host) lyncdiscover.<sipdomain> External or public IP address of the reverse proxy
- If you have internal WiFi clients, you may also need to change your front end server SAN entries in the certificate. Internal DNS Records
Record type Host name Resolves to CNAME lyncdiscoverinternal.<sipdomain> Internal Web Services FQDN for your Director pool, if you have one, or for your Front End pool if you do not have a Director A (host) lyncdiscoverinternal.<sipdomain> Internal Web Services IP address (virtual IP (VIP) address if you use a load balancer) of your Director pool, if you have one, or of your Front End pool if you do not have a Director
- Set Lync on Front End server:
Internal: Set-CsWebServer –Identity agiledemo.agileit.com –McxSipPrimaryListeningPort 5086
External: Set-CsWebServer –Identity agiledemo.agileit.com – McxSipExternalListeningPort 5087
- Install Mobility Service and Autodiscover Service
- Log on to the computer as a user who is a member of the CsAdministrator group.
- Download the latest installation package from the Microsoft Download Center and extract it to the hard disk.
- Copy McxStandalone.msi to C:ProgramDataMicrosoftLync ServerDeploymentcache4.0.7577.0setup.
- Start the Lync Server Management Shell: Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Lync Server 2010, and then click Lync Server Management Shell.cd pr
- Run C:Program FilesMicrosoft Lync Server 2010DeploymentBootstrapper.exe.
- Ensure you have hosting provider for LyncOnline, or add it manually:
New-CsHostingProvider –Identity “LyncOnline” –Enabled $True –ProxyFqdn “sipfed.online.lync.com” –VerificationLevel UseSourceVerification
- Set up hosting provider federation between your organization and the Push Notification Service at Lync Online. At the command line, type:
New-CsAllowedDomain –Identity “push.lync.com”
- Enable push notifications. At the command line, type:
Set-CsPushNotificationConfiguration –EnableApplePushNotificationService $True –EnableMicrosoftPushNotificationService $True
- Enable federation. At the command line, type:
Set-CSAccessEdgeConfiguration -AllowFederatedUsers $True
Note – Planning Mobility in Lync Install Guide incorrectly specifies Set-AccessEdgeConfiguration
- Open port 80 or 443 on your reverse proxy firewall (ISA or TMG) for the lyncdiscover.<sipdomain>
Download Update @ > http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=28356