Recently we released the new Lync client for the Macintosh platform and customers have asked if it will work for Lync Online and Office 365? Yes, but we will need to make two minor updates:
- First we will need to install the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.1 Update
- Second we will manually configure the sip server connections
- Enter your Office 365 username and password, making sure to include the full username including your domain. Then click on the “Advanced” settings to modify the connections settings
- Put in “sipdir.online.lync.com:443” for both the internal and external server name.
- Save the changes and proceed to sign in.