SCOM R2 is released!
· Enhanced application performance and availability across heterogeneous platforms
· Delivers monitoring across Windows, Linux and UNIX servers–all through a single console.
· Extends end to end monitoring of distributed applications to any workload running on Windows, UNIX and Linux platforms.
· Maximize availability of virtual workloads with integration with System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008.
· Improved management of applications in the data center
· Delivers on the scale requirements of URL monitoring of your business.
· Meet agreed service levels with enhanced reporting showing application performance and availability.
· More efficient problem identification and action to resolve issues.
· Increased speed of access to information and functionality to drive management
· Faster load times for views and results.
· Improved and simplified management pack authoring experience
And also has some great extensibility options:
· Service Level Dashboard v2 from the Solution Accelerators team lets you measure and report application or system performance & availability in near real time across your organization. Using the Dashboard, you can easily spot trends and head off problems—before they occur. The Dashboard also lets you create role-specific dashboards to support different departments, like HR, Finance, or Operations. Download it today!
· Operations Manager 2007 R2 Interoperability Connectors provide the ability to synchronize alerts and status between Operations Manager 2007 R2 and other management systems. Beta connectors for Tivoli Enterprise Console, HP OpenView Operations, and the new Universal Connector can be obtained from the Operations Manager R2 download on Connect. Download the Interop Connectors from the System Center Catalog.
· Operations Manager 2007 R2 Visio Add-in delivers the ability to link status and health information gathered by Operations Manager 2007 R2 into normally-static Visio diagrams, adding life and interaction to those diagrams. Download it today from Microsoft Connect.
· New Exchange Server 2007 Management Pack (MP) Beta, which provides enhancements over the current Exchange MP such as reducing alert noise and enhanced performance. Download it today from Microsoft Connect.