The next update to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online will be released in Q4 2011. Some key features that will be available in this update include:
Enhancements for Enterprise Cloud
- Identity Federation to support single sign-on to improve the experience for end-users switching between Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Office 365 applications. IT administrators will benefit from a more seamless user management experience.
- Improved disaster recovery with in-region replication to further protect data and offer higher levels of business continuity in the event of a disaster.
New Social CRM Capabilities
- Continuing to invest in a long-term vision for Social CRM whereby Microsoft Dynamics CRM can be the central location for businesses to manage all their relevant important relationships and interactions and connect employees, vendors, partners, prospects, customers and other stakeholders to each other, Microsoft Dynamics CRM is introducing, new social collaboration capabilities including:
- Micro-blogging: Status updates and notifications regarding business events and actions, bringing simple experiences for users similar to Facebook and Twitter.
- Activity feeds: Configurable real-time notifications on all important relationships and significant business events via a blended view of micro-blog posts and all interactions for a person, customer or sales opportunity.
- Conversations: Users will be able to post questions, observations, suggestions and status updates, allowing them to collaborate quickly and efficiently, locate information or expertise and gather feedback from others.
- Automated activity updates: Microsoft Dynamics CRM will be able to post information directly to the Activity Feed based on configurable event rules, e.g. a sales opportunity is closed. Users can subscribe to or “follow” these Activity Feeds, and consume them in a variety of ways.
- Windows Phone 7 mobile application: With a new Windows Phone 7 mobile app, users will be able to view their Activity Feeds, while away from the office.
Unification with Office 365 for Enterprises
- Today Dynamics CRM Online delivers a seamless end-user experience for end-users of Office 365 – Office, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Lync Online – but the billing, provisioning, and admin experience is different. With the Q4 2011 update, mid-market businesses and enterprise customers can get Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online with any Office 365 Enterprise Plan providing a complete business productivity experience for sales, service and marketing professionals
- Getting Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online with Office 365 will provide customers with a unified business productivity experience for sales, service and marketing professionals
- Single bill for both Office 365 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Common user identity and authentication (e.g. single sign-on) and streamlined administrator experience (e.g. user set up and management)